LAUNCH YEAR: 1912
BUILDER: Fred Mann
OWNER: Malcolm & Duncan McNicol
Tauraka was originally a gaff rigged sail boat with a 10HP Frisco engine. She moved to the Tauranga Harbour around 1925 and has been fitted with a Fordson diesel engine at some time during her years. She has been known as Helen G and Helen C and had much of her superstructure moddification carried out when she was owned by the Smiths, sawmillers at Matakana Island. As the storey goes she sailed to the Kermadecs once in her life too.