LAUNCH YEAR: 1920
OWNER: Ted Taitini & Chris & Simon Moore
Lady Beth, formerly named Hidden Agenda, was first used in Whakatane as a picnic & tour boat. She then moved to Napier and was used in the same way until she was to be found on Lake Taupo, moving to Lake Rotoiti about 40 years ago. Purchased by the current owners in April 2018, she underwent a major 20 month refit at Alan Craig's boatyard where she was transformed into the very beautiful classic wooden boat she is today. She is named after Lady Beth Moore, mother of Chris & Simon, who was born the same year the launch was and loved the lake since coming on her honeymoon in 1942.
Her inboard has been replaced by a 9.9hp outboard in a concealed well. The glass house is made of teak and a teak bowspit and duckboard were fitted with stainless anchor and remote windlass. During restoration is was noted she originally had 2 portholes each side, not just the 1. So stainless ones were imported from Italy. The wheel is from Ian Harris. Ted completed the engine and electrical installations. Still some refinements to be done on the inside.
Purchased from Rhys and Cath Van Sitter, who purchased her from Glen Ruebe. Was also owned by the Camerons.