LAUNCH YEAR: 1954
DESIGNER: P Bloomfield
BUILDER: Richard Law
OWNER: Mary Fuller
The 20′ Andiamo was originally known as the ‘Yellow Boat’ on Lake Rotoiti near Rotorua. She was built by a farmer from Gisborne in 1949 and was reputedly the fastest boat on Rotoiti back then.
She came to her current owners 2009, who undertook a 4 year restoration project to bring her back to her former glory. The work included partial hull replacement, structural framework enhancement and strengthening using marine grade ply, kauri and stainless steel fixings.
All timber used was locally milled kauri in keeping with the original construction, and came from a single tree thus the beautiful consistency in the decking – handcrafted piece by piece using kauri with a kahikitea accent and mahogany surround.
The original Dodge 6 was replaced with a 275ci alloy V8 producing 280hp, running through a Borg Warner gearbox to the bespoke brass prop. The engine is computer controlled, inter-cooled and muffled, providing amazingly smooth, quiet and reliable power.